TRICARE Standard Overseas Plan
TRICARE Standard Overseas provides comprehensive coverage in all overseas areas.
Enrollment not required. Coverage is automatic as long as you are registered in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) and show eligible for TRICARE.
Active duty members and family members.
Retired service members and their families.
Family members of activated Guard/Reserve members.
Retired Guard/Reserve members (age 60 and receiving retired pay) and their families.
- TRICARE Standard Overseas provides comprehensive health coverage. View Covered Services
- Schedule an appointment with any overseas provider. Find a Doctor
- Referrals are not required but you may need prior authorization from the overseas contractor for some types of services. Learn More about Getting Care
TRICARE Standard Overseas Costs
- If you are over 65 then you will be required to pay for Medicare Part B.
- An annual outpatient deductible ($150.00)
- Cost shares (or percentage) for covered services. Before the deductible is met you will pay the whole amount. After the deductible is met you will pay 25% of the charges. Actually you will pay the whole amount and then submit a claim to TRICARE and they will reimburse you 75% of the charges.
International SOS is the TRICARE Overseas Program contractor and will provide the assistance you need for claims, finding a provider, authorization and much more. Register online for access to secure functions, including:
- Eligibility query
- Other health insurance status/update
- Claim status
- Deductible/Out-of-pocket expense
- Contact Customer Service
- Explanation of Benefits (EOB)